Here are a few ideas that you can use to get everyone in a Grinchy mood at Christmas time:
- Read How The Grinch Stole Christmas aloud to the class, be sure to use before, during and after reading activities.
- Turn one of those days after the exams into a movie day. Show the movie (for the older students) or show the old Chuck Jones cartoon version (for the primary students) complete with popcorn and refreshments.
- After viewing the movies, hold a trivia contest using this Grinch quiz (scroll down for the answers.)
- If you have to put a Christmas production together, you can take a short snippet of the original Chuck Jones cartoon and have the kids read the script while the audience watches the cartoon on screen.
- Click here for a copy of How the Grinch Stole Christmas Reader’s Theater script that the students can read after they have read the book, watched the movie, and played the trivia game.
Click here for links to Dr. Seuss videos.